What’s the opportunity?
You will do meaningful product design work at an ambitious, product-driven company that’s driving real change in the marketing sector.
As a product designer, you’ll own a part of Mkt, ship solutions to challenging problems and get feedback directly from customers. You’ll play a key leadership role as we continue to grow. Design is a core foundation of our company’s DNA. This means that you’ll never have to justify the importance of design.
We genuinely care about people and value kindness in our everyday interactions. You’ll be able to be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow no matter how experienced you are.
What will I be doing?
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form disruptive new products and features, and designing the detailed workflows and interactions required to make them a reality.
- Collaborate with designers across the organisation to raise the quality bar and continuously improve Mkt’s design processes, principles, and tooling.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, and transitions.
- Partner with product managers to define and evolve product roadmaps.
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
- Write about, present, and share what you’re learning, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events.
What skills and experience do I need?
See what we look for when we hire designers:
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving and system modelling, through to detailed UI, visual, and interaction design.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems.
- Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, engineering, research, and analytics.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A desire to make things better. A balanced sense of optimism and humility.
Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products, and your portfolio should clearly outline the problems you’ve taken on with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to find solutions and overcome challenges, rather than focusing just on visual polish, or the final deliverables.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Mkt! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.